Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

___________________________________________

Monday, August 29, 2011

Paperwork!

So, when we started this adoption process, I really never thought today would come.  But here we are doing paperwork again.  Today I visited our local Fed Ex office and sent off the first of many documents. YEAH!  Trust me, I am completely fine with the paperwork. 

1 - It gives me something to do...being proactive, that is!

2 - I get to make friends with a new Fed Ex guy (he wasn't there 1 1/2 years ago)!!!

3 - I am optimistic that this will be the final time I must assemble and submit all the paperwork!

4 - It means that we are that much closer to our referral!

On another note of firsts, I have read many blogs where the adoptive parents were in "the window" of getting their referral and they write about being anxious every time the phone rang.  I have never experienced that...until TODAY!  We are still about a month away from the average wait time for a referral, but wouldn't you know that everytime the phone rang today, I got butterflies.  So, if this referral doesn't come soon, I am afraid that I will have all kinds of stomach ailments and the such!  Oy, I am ready to see that kiddos face!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just finished updating paperwork too! All but our homestudy I guess - but we're doing that one soon too. :)

    Someone called me yesterday at 4ish. I thought it was the referral call and got so excited that when I checked the caller ID and realized it wasn't Gladney, I couldn't even answer the phone. The joys of waiting!

    ReplyDelete