Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

___________________________________________

Friday, September 16, 2011

Changes!

So, this week has been the week of changes or the week of "dealing" with changes.  My kids started a new school this year and we are dealing with all the bumps in the road that come with a recently established school.  Let me tell you, I am not confrontational but I am super protective.  It is a miserable combination.  I see needs of my kids not being met and realize that I must address the issue, but then I am instantly a nervous mess knowing what is ahead.  I am confident that all is going to be great and am sure these are lessons in making me stronger.  But I must say I like myself the way I am!

Then this week we had to say goodbye to some awesome friends as they are relocating across the country.  Their absence has left a hole in our lives.  Our girls were best friends and we have all shared our fair share of tears around here.  Well, Bob didn't cry, I must make that very clear!  
BFFs

This week, on a brighter note was the beginning of football season and us Thomas' love us some football.  I am in the minority around here because apparantly the girls have chosen to follow their dad in rooting for the Packers.  Ewwww!  Nonetheless, we are looking forward to some fun Sundays and Mondays this fall!!!
Proudly wearing their green and gold!

And finally, the last change was...
we have been officially waiting 15 months for our referral.  I am okay with this knowing that we are closer to bringing him home.  However, I can honestly say that the wait can truly be excrutiating at times. 

I am thankful for all that we have been given, for our friendships, and for the hope that we have that soon we are going to have a referral to share with you all!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment