Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

___________________________________________

Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Big 1

Can you believe it? Two posts in one day!!! I really felt that each birthday is deserving of it's own post!  So, who else had a birthday recently?  Our newest addition, that's who!  What I realized is that I haven't divulged his name on the blog.  Everyone who I have spoken to knows what we will be calling him...so let me share with you all.  Joshua will be his name. 

So, Josh turned "1" recently.  I have to say that is was a little tough.  I thought of him all day and hoped and prayed that he was having a good day and having good naps and laughing and having fun.  But what I really wanted to be doing was celebrating with him, planning a party, playing with him and letting him dive into a cake all his own.  Instead of celebrating with him, we celebrated for him and got him his 1st birthday present.  Of course, no birthday is complete with out the cake so the girls and I made cupcakes and I let them blow out a candle for him. 
I suspect that next year, we will have a HUGE party and celebrate like crazy!  Can't wait until that boy is with us!  Happy Birthday, bud!

No comments:

Post a Comment