Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

___________________________________________

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

We Are Out of Here!!!

At 12:00 am on Thursday, March 29, 2012, I was good and asleep.  I wasn't sleeping all that great but I was sleeping nonetheless.  I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing.  Bob was on the other end.  He said, "Guess what.  We cleared!"  I immediately jumped out of bed and headed to the computer.  I had to check for myself.  And low and behold, there it was!  An email from the Embassy in Ethiopia stating that we were cleared to bring our son home! 

It is at these times that I am so thankful that Bob works nights, because I had tried to stay awake as long as I could, knowing full well that he would be checking email anyways.  So, here it was in the middle of the night and we began making plans for our trip to bring our sweet little boy home.  We immediately sent our email requesting our interview date and shortly later we received our second email confirming our date. 

So, here I sit, five days later, writing on our blog when I should really be packing, cleaning, shopping, etc...  But I want to be up to date with this thing when we return from our 2nd trip. 

We are ready to go!  I think we have just about everything we need!  We have amazing people supporting us and encouraging us and offering to help with whatever we might need!  There is only one thing I can think of that we could use help with...that is you joining us in PRAYER!

Things you could pray about:
  • Safe travels (I am kind of a wimp when the turbulence gets bad)
  • Our girls (we have never left them this long)
  • Robel - That his anxiety would be minimal
  • That none of us would get sick on this trip
  • That our time together in ET would be amazing and that the bonding would begin quickly!
So, here we go!  In ten days, we will all be back home, together as a family of 5!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so so excited for you. Have a wonderful trip! I will be praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news! Congratulations and have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved meeting you and Bob! Sorry we were not back in time to say good bye. How waa your flight??

    ReplyDelete