Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

___________________________________________

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Catching up!

2012 was a year in which big changes occurred for our family.   We went from a family of 4 to a family of 5.  Doesn't really seem like that big of a change, but the fact that we are now dealing with toddler "stuff" again certainly added a new element to our lives.  And we are having a BLAST! 

But then 5 months after Robel's arrival home, my mom went to her eternal home.  And so, for the last 4 months, we have had a lot of firsts learning how to navigate this world without my mom.  We took a trip with my family, just to get away and be together, but my mom wasn't there.  We celebrated birthdays without my mom there to watch the kids open their presents, and let me tell you, she LOVED celebrating the kids birthdays.  I joked often that I really didn't have to do much because anything we ever did was overshadowed by her lavishing them with love and "stuff!"  We celebrated Christmas without her sitting in her place, taking part in all the traditions and excitement.  This was probably the roughest of days.  But I am so comforted in knowing that she is in Heaven, feeling NO pain, seeing many familiar faces of those she has loved, and sitting at the feet of Jesus, praising Him!

We have been dealing with lots of sadness, but it is all been dimmed with excitement of watching Robel experience so many firsts and the girls getting older and participating in new and different activities. So, that is where we are and where we have been and now we look to a new year, but it is time to do a picture catch-up!!!! So, brace yourself!

The girls' first day of school!

We learned rather quickly, when Robel is quiet, watch out!  I found him in the bathroom "playing" with powder make-up! Yep, he got caught!


The cousins watching Sara in her 1st parade as a band member. 

Look at that girl!  She was so serious.  Couldn't get her to crack a smile, and trust me, we were trying!

Our annual trip to the pumpkin patch!

Our 1st trip as a family without my mom!  Bubba was having some fun with the girls on our little hike.

Robel and Daddy exploring!

Halloween.  OK, I must explain....my kids were Si, Jase and Willy from Duck Dynasty.  Sad, I know.  Robel looks a little like Rambo with the gun.  He actually acquired it from another kid and wouldn't let it go. 

A day on the farm.  The girls loved the quad ride.

Robel figuring out this horse thing. 


Robel's birthday!  After his acquisition of the gun on Halloween, our friend decided he needed his own.  He loved it (I hate it!)!

Sara's Birthday!  A night at the movies!

Christmas Eve.  Of course, Dad had to work, but was able to come home for a while and spend some time with us!
 
To be continued....



No comments:

Post a Comment