Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

___________________________________________

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ethiopia - Part 5 (Finally!!!)

Wednesday - We had a free day.  There were several things we wanted to do and this seemed to be the perfect day!  We started our day with some shopping!  The girls had been looking forward to this.  We hit the Post Office Market and got the girls some traditional clothing, necklaces, some wood-carved coasters, and puzzles.  We then ventured over to Tamoca Coffee Shop.  I think I have mentioned the macchiatos already...but let me just say again, "YUM!"  At Tamoca you can buy bags of coffee and so we loaded up to give as gifts when we came home.
We had some lunch then headed to the Former Women Fuel Wood Carriers Association Project (Connected In Hope).  This project helps women who make their living carrying eucalyptus trees down Mt. Entoto to sell as firewood. We were able to tour the Project's compound, see the women making scarves, and buy a few for ourselves scarves.  You can also support their efforts by visiting their website where they have a full line of scarves for sale. 

We then drove up Mt. Entoto and got to look down on Addis Ababa!  It was beautiful!
Thursday -  I was dreading this day!  It was our last visit with Robel!  I am not much of a crier but I had packed my make-up in my bag because I felt the tears before we even left the guest house.  When we showed up, Robel was familiar with our faces.  When it was time to say goodbye, I lost it.  Poor baby was probably wondering what in the world was wrong with these people.  I knew I would have a hard time.  What I didn't expect was that my littlest girl would feel the sadness as well.  She and I stood at the gate losing it.  I am sure it was quite the picture.  Thankfully, I had the cameras and no one could take our picture!


Fortunately, we had a tour planned that afternoon of the Holy Trinity Church in Addis (what a history lesson that was)!  I was not sure they were going to do this tour anymore.  Let's just say we did a little begging and Belay was so gracious in taking us on this tour!  We are so grateful that he took his time to do this for us.  It was amazing.  He does an amazing job!  So, thank you Belay!!!
Friday - Our trip was quickly coming to a close.  Our final day in Addis, Bob decided to hang close to the guesthouse to get things put together.  I talked Kathleen into going out with me.  So, she, Beza, and myself headed out on the town!!!  We headed back out to do some last minute shopping.  Of course we headed to Tamoco to get one more macchiato and then she took me to a bookstore just a couple doors down where I was able to buy some really neat Ethipiopian books (children's books and cookbook). 

I felt my heart getting heavy.  It was time to go!  We said our goodbyes to the ladies at BJoes, our new (very special) friends, the Politzers, and we were headed to the airport.  Again, the tears began.  I am pretty sure I cried all the  way to Dubai!  I was a mess.  The magnitude of leaving my baby, MY BABY, was monumental and probably one of the hardest things I had done.  But, with all the sadness, I knew that he was being well taken care of and loved on, I knew that God was in charge and He would bring us back soon to bring him home! 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I adopted a Robel, too! :) I LOVE that name! Did you know it means "Behold, a son!" ?

    ReplyDelete