Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

___________________________________________

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Court Update!

Before I continue chronicling our trip to ET, I thought I would let you all know the status of our case.  We have not passed court.  This was quite the bummer for us, as we were expecting to walk out of the judges office a family of 5.  No such luck for us.  We were given a new court date for the 19th...that is today...and we just found out that the documents did not reach the court house in time!  We now have a new court date for the 30th.  I must say that I am frustrated and saddened, to say the least! 

However, I know God is in charge.  I know He has worked miraculously in bringing us this baby boy and I can't wait for the phone call that says he is ours and I can share pictures with all of you!  So, until that time, I am trusting!  I am trusting that for some reason we needed these extra weeks.  I am trusting that God is working in ways we could never imagine. I am trusting that He will turn these tears of sadness into shouts of joy very soon! Until that time...here is a little preview!

3 comments:

  1. Sad news. I really hope that everything is ready for you all to pass on the 30th and that you get a quick Embassy appointment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how difficult it is once you've met your child. I will be praying that things move along quickly. Hopefully we will be getting our court date soon and maybe they'll let me see your little guy!

    Debi
    http://jenkinsethiopiaadoption.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet little hand! Our second court date is the 30th too. Hoping we're both families on that day!!

    ReplyDelete