Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

___________________________________________

Monday, January 16, 2012

Guest Post by Sara

So we are back from our trip to Ethiopia and there is so much to share.  Sara, my 10 year old, however would like to share some things on the blog...

When I arrived in Ethiopia it was different. We met some neat people at the airport. We had to exchange money, get baggage, and meet our driver. After the hullabaloo we went to our guest house. The first day was a settle-in day. The second was my first visit with our baby. Oh my, is he cute and heavy. He is a daddy's boy. My mom fed him and gave him his bottle and that was the highlight of my day. Day 3 was fun! We went swimming. Then we got ice cream. And for dinner I got an Ethiopian dish. Day 4 was our lazy day. Day 5 was court, not much to say about it. It wasn't fun. Around noon I got sick and threw up. Then I went to sleep for the whole day and night. Day 6 we visited our baby again.  I got sick again. We went shopping and got awesome coffee. Later on we bought scarves. I visited our baby for the last time. When I was little I cried every time I left someones house or they left mine. So imagine leaving someone you love. It was hard. Then we visited the Holy Trinity Church. It was amazing. An actual Emperor went to church there. Today was packing and leaving and getting home.   As a kid I know kids can't take in so much stuff but in this trip I took in more than a 10 year old can take in. I realized every time I complain over food or clothes someone dies of starvation or can't buy clothes. Now I think, how dare I fuss over something stupid. I was blessed to go to Africa because now I look at things differently.  

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. What a special post to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a brilliant and kind girl you are raising!! I know you are very proud:) Good job Mom and Dad!

    ReplyDelete