Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

___________________________________________

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ethiopia - Part 1

So, just let me say that I was a bundle of nerves heading into this trip.  The older I get, the worse my fear of flying has become.  But I was brave and boarded the plane without kicking or screaming...I had to be a good influence on the girls, of course!  We flew Emirates Air and loved it.  They really cater to the kids.  The flight was looonnnnggg, I am talking 16 straight hours from LA to Dubai.  Thankfully we had a nice long layover in Dubai to recuperate, get some rest, and most importantly, a shower.

We were up the next morning bright and early headed to Addis Ababa!!!  I must say that it was quite a surreal experience.  We had been anticipating this trip for 2 years, and finally we were meeting our driver and driving through the streets, headed to our guesthouse.  We stayed at Bejoe's Guesthouse.  We loved it there.  The girls who work there were fantastic and we felt just right at home.  There was another mom already staying at the gueshouse who I was looking forward to meeting.  It was so fun to finally meet Kathleen, Koen, and Beza.  Kathleen had taken placement of Beza just a few days earlier.  I had become a follower of Kathleen's blog and was so excited to see her united with her daughter! 


We ended up eating at Makush for dinner that night.  Good Italian food.  But let me tell you, we were exhausted.  We were all kind of laying all over the table trying to stay awake.  At the end of the meal they brought us a macchiato.  I had heard about the macchiatos in Ethiopia and just so you know, they ROCKED!  They were so good.  However, the caffeine didn't help us too much so we quickly made it to the guesthouse and crashed!  We had a big day coming up...we were meeting our baby the next day!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!!! Oh, and your daughter's post was wonderful!! : ) I keep hearing about these amazing macchiatos... hopefully we will be sipping on one very soon!

    ReplyDelete